Highlands School celebrates diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We thoughtfully embrace all individuals as essential to the mosaic of our community. We are stronger together.
We are committed to…
- Fostering a culture of inclusion where children know that they belong
- Ensuring a just community for the well-being of our students
- Building a thriving community based on kindness, empathy, and relationships
- Celebrating all children with their diverse backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and gifts
- Embracing an openness towards ideas that differ from our own
- Actively cultivating a diverse community within our board, faculty, staff, and student population
- Promoting an educational environment and curriculum that promotes understanding of multiculturalism
Together, we must show our children that they all belong, that they all matter, that they are all loved. It is up to us, as they grow and mature into citizens of the world, that they do not back down from their social responsibility, and that they strive to create a society where all peoples belong, all peoples matter, and all peoples deserve to be loved.
Head of School
Highlands School does not discriminate based on race, creed, color, religious belief, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other protected class pursuant to applicable local, state or federal laws.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Kavita Vasil, Head of School
Highlands School, 4901 Old Leeds Road, Birmingham, AL 35213
For further information on notice of nondiscrimination, visit https://ocrcas.ed.gov/contact-ocr for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.