Executive Assistant for Head of School and Development Associate
The Executive Assistant for Head of School and Development Associate provides confidential, consistent and professional support to the Head of School, The Director of Development and the Board of Trustees of Highlands School. Possessing excellent organizational, writing and editing skills and an ability to anticipate the needs of the office, the successful candidate takes initiative to make the work of the Head, Director of Development and the Board more efficient. We seek to hire a professional administrative associate who combines database management strategies, a mastery of organizational skills with a can-do attitude and work ethic; who will advance the Mission of Highlands School, support the vision of the Head of School and the Board of Trustees, and advance the strategic goals of the school.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality and discretion in all manners
- Be an active member of the Highlands community to promote the school and communicate the school’s program and mission to the outside community
- Act as a Liaison for the Head of School within the school community as well as external community
- Schedule calendar & meetings for Head of School and Development Director and make all meeting arrangements. Coordinate travel arrangements
- Review and prioritize Head of School’s mail. Screens and directs calls for the Head of School
- Maintain Head of School’s office files
- Communicate to Highlands faculty/staff, parent community via email, phone calls, or other correspondence as needed by Head of School
- Draft letters for signature based on notes or other direction given by Head of School
- Maintain agenda topics, status lists and takes minutes for administrative team meetings and other senior level meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head of School
- Prepare schedules of Board of Trustee and Subcommittee Meetings, making meeting arrangements for board meetings
- Maintain board roster, files and non-executive committee minutes for board and sub committees membership and meetings. Assist the Committee Chairs as requested.
- Take minutes at Board related meetings as requested by Head of School and/or Board Chair
Responsibilities Specific to Development Associate:
- Primary point person for updating, adding and maintaining donor, member and prospect constituent records in the database
- With Business Operations Staff, responsible for gift entry process. Includes copying checks, tracking weekly batches, and assisting in running financial reports and reconciling deposits.
- Assist with creation of donor lists and other gift queries and reports
- Manage donations and acknowledgement process (sending thank you notes and special processing
- Assist with budget reconciliation
- Perform database maintenance and clean-up projects to improve data integrity and database performance
- Perform mail merges and assist with solicitations and other department mailings
- Provide administrative support and set-up for special events
- Schedule and coordinate meetings between potential donors, key staff, board members and others
A Master's Degree (preferred) or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
2+ prior years’ experience, preferably in Fundraising/Development Office
Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Possess an engaging, positive, creative, and personable attitude
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail and organization
- Possess an understanding of and passion for independent school culture
- Show strong interpersonal skills, possessing flexibility, responsiveness and nimbleness.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite required
- Experience with Raisers’ Edge software
Part-Time Infant/Toddler Teacher
Highlands School Family Center is actively seeking a part-time infant/toddler teacher for an afternoon position(12:30pm to 6pm). We are looking for a teacher with education and experience who is a team player, positive thinker, responsible, nurturing and loving, has good parent teacher relations, reliable transportation, and will fit into our easy going fun team. If you are easy to get along with, willing to perform at your best, and enjoy hands on activities and interacting with children, then we invite you to call Michelle Perkins (205)-956-9731 ext.120
Highlands School and the Highlands School Family Center are seeking qualified substitute teachers.
Extended Day Program (EDP) Counselor
Highlands School is accepting applications for counselor in our Extended Day Program. EDP counselors are paid hourly. We have positions available five days a week. Hours are typically 3pm-6pm Monday-Thursday and 2pm-6pm on Fridays. Education majors highly preferred. Summer hours vary. Call Gabe McCool if interested (205)-956-9731 ext. 105
Highlands School is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, benefits and professional opportunities. Interested candidates should submit electronically a cover letter outlining their interest in and qualifications for this specific position, a resume and three professional references to: email@example.com
. Please also complete the Application for Employment found on this page.