In order to register for camp, click here and begin the process of setting up your household and registering for camp. Once you do this, the system will keep your information year after year so that you don’t have to reenter basic information. If you do not have access to registering online, feel free to stop by the school at anytime in order to register. See the next page for more detailed instruction.
Fees, Cancellations and Refunds
Camp fees are due in full at the time of registration. Camp cancellations must be received two full weeks prior to the beginning date of camp and must be done so in writing/by email to the camp director. Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to camp start will not be refunded or credited. We cannot “transfer” campers to a different camp. If Highlands must cancel a camp due to low enrollment, we will let you know at least a full week prior to camp starting and we can apply a credit or a refund can be issued. Visa and MasterCard are the accepted credit cards.
Each camper must complete mandatory forms online. These include household, camper info, medical form and YMCA swim waiver (if attending CIT camp or Traditional camp in the afternoon). Counselor-in-Training applicants must fill out an application prior to registering as we have limited spots available. Please make us aware of any major medical issues.
Don’t forget to order a camp t-shirt this year! Remember, all t-shirt orders must be received by May 12th. T-shirts are not mandatory.
Full Day Care
If you are in need of full day care, we have many full day Enrichment camps or you may pair a morning Enrichment camp with our afternoon Traditional Day Camp. Extended day care for the morning and afternoon is also available.
Drop-off and Pick-up - Different this year: PLEASE READ!
We are located at 4901 Old Leeds Road, Birmingham, AL 35213. Upon arriving, please come to our main entrance by the brick school sign. This is a different entrance from past years. This year we will use a carpool system. You will receive more information regarding carpool via email.
Although we will not have use of our lunch room this year, we will be offering lunch from a local caterer. Most full day camps and all traditional day camps include lunch. Lunches will be boxed or bag lunches instead of hot lunches. When weather permits, campers will be eating outside. Some camps require campers to bring a packed lunch on days they will be off campus on a field trip. Campers enrolled in PhotoBLAST Camp are required to bring their own lunch each day. Campers enrolled in a half day morning camp and a half day afternoon camp (other than the Traditional Day Camp) may add lunch at an additional cost.
Snack - Different this year: PLEASE READ!
Due to allergies and other dietary restrictions, Highlands Summer Camp will no longer be providing snacks. Please pack your camper a morning and afternoon snack (if staying all day). No nuts please!
What to Bring/Not Bring?
- Traditional Day campers should bring sunscreen, bathing suit and towel on swim days. Please no toys, including electronic devices (unless specified by camp instructor)!
- Sunscreen - Please apply sunscreen to your child before arriving at camp. If a second application is needed, please provide sunscreen that is clearly marked with your child’s full name. We will remind students to reapply sunscreen after lunch if they are staying all day. We are glad to assist your child as long as you indicate that on the medical waiver. However, teaching them how to apply sunscreen is a great skill for them to learn!
- Snack -Due to allergies and other dietary restrictions, Highlands Summer Camp will no longer be providing snacks. Please pack your camper a morning and afternoon snack (if staying all day). Campers are also welcome to bring a refillable water bottle. No nuts please!
- Label, Label, Label - Please label all of your child’s things with his/her full name.
- Electronics-Campers should not bring electronics with them to camp. Video games, laptops, cell phones, and cameras are not allowed at camp. The only exception to this is when needed specifically for a certain camp (Stop Motion, Digital Photography, etc.). In those cases, electronic devices can be used during camp time ONLY and then stored in his/her backpack or bag. Electronic devices are not to be used at recess or in before or after camp child care.
During camp, your child’s photograph may be taken and possibly posted to our summer camp webpage or Shutterfly/Flickr account (if one is created). These photos may also be used in future Highlands Summer Camp publications, social media promotions or advertisements. We do not plan to publish children’s names with their photos. Please contact the Summer Camp Director in writing prior to your child attending camp if you do not want your child photographed.